Baby massage beautifully supports and enhances the bonding with your baby. I demonstrate the massage strokes on a doll and you perform them on your baby. I will provide massage oil, disposable change mat and a booklet with all the strokes and information on infant massage.
As well as learning the massage routine, other topics discussed in the classes are:
- History of infant massage
- Why babies cry
- Baby’s body language
- Relaxation – parent and baby
- Massage techniques and oils
- Pressure, rate and rhythm of massage
- Respect and bonding
- Suggestions for toddler and older child
How infant massage classes can benefit you and your baby
- Improves communication – the close interaction helps improve the ability to understand your baby’s body language. They will respond with more sensitivity and confidence. Baby feels heard and respected, and grows up with a healthy self-image.
- Enhances bonding – eye to eye and skin contact, and the exchange of soothing sounds and smells, cuddles and smiles all help parent and baby feel closer.
- Relaxes and soothes – a pleasurable experience for both parent and child. Is very effective in helping mothers suffering from post-natal depression.
- Helps relieve colic and tummy discomfort – specific massage techniques are taught to help improve digestion and may help relieve colic.
- Stimulates baby’s physiological development – research studies show respiratory, muscular, circulatory and immune systems all benefit from the positive effects of massage.
- Promotes neurological development – baby’s ability to handle stimulation is increased. Brain development is enhanced.
- Offers shared moments together – it provides working parent(s) with a special time to unwind and re-connect with their baby. Promotes parental confidence.
- Improves baby’s sleep/awake patterns
Above all infant massage is relaxing and fun!